Who is responsible for collecting your data on fishaddict.com?
This site is managed and edited by company Natura Hobby Fishing and Outdoor equipment Limited. For all questions concerning retail, deliveries, returns, privacy and your personnel data treatment, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or on the following address :
Attention Natura Hobby Fishing and Outdoor Equipment Limited
31 Westlamd Square
Republic of Ireland
Fishaddict.com is committed to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. It is very important for us to look after the personal information you share with us, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely. We determined that the understanding of how we use it does offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
We have published this notice to help you to understand :
- How Fishaddict collect information from you;
- Who we share your information with, why and on what basis; and
- What your rights are.
Should we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Fishaddict will be what is known as the ‘Data Duty Holder’ of the personal data you provide to us. By Data Duty Holder, this means Fishaddict determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
This privacy notice was last updated on 20th May 2018.
What information we collect when you register and why?
When you buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. In order to buy from us you need to create an account. If you do decide to create an account we will ask you to provide some personal information such as;
- full name
- date of birth
- contact phone number
- email address.
Please note that for security reasons we do not store your credit card information.
How do we use your information?
Data Protection (GDPR) says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract - your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your order.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for sending promotional emails.
- Legitimate Interests - this means the interests of Fishaddict in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Who we share your information with and why
Fishaddict works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality goods and services you expect from us such as logistics and delivery companies and advertising agencies.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
Fishaddict works with a logistics platform who prepares your orders and dispatch them to your chosen destination.
In order for you to receive your goods, Fishaddict works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
Fishaddict works with business who support our website and other business systems.
We work with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys and product reviews on our behalf.
Fishaddict works with trusted third party payment processing providers (PayPal) in order to securely take and manage payments.
Keeping in touch with you
When you set your account up, we will ask you if you want to receive marketing information.
This is because we want to keep you up to date with information about new products, special offers and improvements to our website.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to email@example.com at the address provided above, via My Account online or the unsubscribe link within the email.
How long we keep your information
We do store your personal information and the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will retain your information as follow:
- Name, family name, date of burth and contact information for 3 years
- Accounting documentation as invoices and delivery notes for 10 years
The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights?
You are entitled to request the following from Fishaddict, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the https://gdpr.eu/data-privacy/ European commissioning website:
- Right of access (Article 15) –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to accuracy (Article 16)–to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten, Article 17) – to have your personal information erased.
- Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 and 19) – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability (Article 20) - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object (Article 21) - to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how Fishaddict uses them and the choices you have in regards to their use.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Website. This allows the Website to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits ( a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
The cookies we use fall into five broad types:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as setting up an account cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
In order to keep the Website, its services and products relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site and products are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
The example of this cookie is Google Analytics : https://policies.google.com/
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can't identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you've been on the internet, but do help us to serve you with advertising that is more relevant to you.
Targeted Marketing Cookies
Social Networking Cookies
Social network sharing cookies offer the user the opportunity to benefit from the status of editorial content and any type of content published on social networking sites. Social network cookies are controlled by the publisher of the social network site. We invite you invited to read the policy of managing cookies of social networks on the sites concerned.
The examples of Social Networking cookies are:
Facebook : https://fr-fr.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/fr/privacy
- They enable you to transact, whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience.
- To allow you to securely sign in to your Fishaddict Account, so that you can use "My Account" features such as order information, making payments and viewing order statements.
- To recognise the device that you are using.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. Fishaddict uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our Site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- To distribute visitors to our Site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
- For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Cookies are an essential part of how our Site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. For a video about cookies visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/
Can I turn off cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non-essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below.
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings
This Cookie Notice was last updated on 20 May 2018, and further changes will be communicated by updating this notice.